Friday, October 26, 2007

One of those days...

Today has just been one of those days so far. Many of you know that I've ventured out and started my own photography company. I still haven't gotten my website up and I don't like posting client pictures to my family site so in the mean time I decided to start a photography blog. (preslanaldridgephotography.blogspot.com) Don't get too excited...there's not a single post on there yet. I went through a lot of pics from past photo sessions and I just started feeling a bit disappointed. I started to doubt my abilities and began to wonder if I could actually charge people for pictures! I'm frustrated. I have so much to work on. I'm still a novice at photoshop, but learning...thanks to a few books and many mini lessons from Leah. I need to practice more with lighting, and put to use all the great bells and whistles my camera has to offer. I guess it's a never ending process. And, I do enjoy that process...just wish every photo came out perfect the first time.

I realize I haven't posted in quite some time. My computer is once again not working properly, hopefully it'll be fixed and back today.

8 comments:

Leah said...

Don't get discouraged friend! Just keep snapping away and playing with your manual functions. I find looking at a slew of photographer's blogs gets my creative juices flowing and helps me align in my mind what makes a photo go from good to great.

Anonymous said...

Your pics are fantastic! The pics you took of our family at Long Beach I cherish so much! My camera doesn't have nearly the amount of functions your does and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what it can do. It takes time and practice, something not easy to come by with 3 under 6. You have a good eye, and that's the most valuable thing! I would definitely pay you for our family pics, except that your my S.I.L, so you're out of luck! ha ha

Anonymous said...

You are joking right?! Like I said over a year ago, you should have done this a long time ago. You've got skills girl, trust me. If people are paying ME to take wedding photos, and I have NO skills or photography education at all, you can charge that much more. I ditto Leah, we surf other peoples websites for ideas...it really helps.

Jackson Wright Family said...

Wow! That's so exciting! You'll be great at it.

gina

Katherine said...

WHAT?! Are you kidding me? Shut up. You are awesome. I would love to take pictures like you. If we lived near you, I would want to hire you to take my kids pictures. No question. I know my opinion doesn't matter that much since my pictures are crap, but I still think you're the best!

The Bishop Family said...

That is very exciting Verne, you will do just fine. I love your pictures, I show Jeremy them all the time, and tell him, this is how I want to take pictures:)

Unknown said...

Good for you, you little entrepreneur. You will do great!

alysha said...

if I were nearby I would hire you. your shots are just beautiful.