Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Corona Del Mar Beach

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lots of pics. I know. Man, I love the beach. I could be there all day, everyday. This day, however, I get the worst mom of the year award. This particular beach has a little drive up area where you can unload then head back up to the street to park. Paul got all the kids (10) and all the stuff out of 2 cars while my girlfriend and I went back up to the street to park the cars. I remember locking my car and walking away thinking wow, that was easy...Paul had taken care of everything. We then walked down the hill and stopped by the restrooms before heading to the beach to find the kids and Paul. As we were walking towards our group I started counting my kids..Anna, Lainie, Ava, Owen and lily...where's Lily. OH CRAP, I left my sleeping child in my car up on the road!!! I started bookin it towards the car. My heart is pounding, the adrenaline is pumping. I was freaking out. How could I have forgotten my sweetest baby ever? She was still asleep when I opened the car. I was so thankful that it hadn't gotten hot in the car yet and that she was fine. Hugged her a little tighter than usual as we walked back down to the beach. Paul and Marla were harassing me a bit upon my return, which was expected. They were joking about terrible mothers forgetting their children and wondered if anyone called CPS on me. What was interesting to me is that not for one second had I ever thought of CPS or what other people thought, the entire time my heart was pounding, I was thinking please don't let anyone steal my child. Please let her still be in the car. That's how my head works, that's how it's always worked. Perhaps my personal history makes it work that way. Who knows. All I know is that my Lily was still there when I reached the car and I was very happy to see her.

1 comment:

Nonnie and Papa said...

Oh dear sweet Julia, I KNOW what must have run through your head. Made me cry for you sweet daughter. All is well and Lily had no clue, life is good and we are so blessed! Love You!!