Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Clean 800

I've been feeling quite overwhelmed lately with the amount of stuff in our little house. (I'm sure most of us feel this way right after Christmas.) 7 people sharing 3 bedrooms is becoming more and more difficult. I wish we were at a point where purchasing or building a larger home was a possibility, but for now I've decided to make do by trying to keep my donation bins full. It wasn't until Ava had to take 100 noodles to school on the 100th day of school that I realized 100 items a day isn't a lot. My new goal for the week was to get rid of 100 items per day. (I apologize ahead of time if you spot something that you gave to us. Had to minimize the chaos.)
Day 1
Photobucket
The toy box was the easiest place to start, along with the children's books.

Day 2
Photobucket
Another easy day. Paul generously donated 85 of his prized collection of eurotuner magazines.

Day 3
Photobucket

Day 4
Photobucket

Day 5
Photobucket
Went through the shoe bins today. Consolidated to one bin..holla!

Day 6
Photobucket
Old cameras, video players, mp3 players, palm pilots, and cords galore.

Day 7
Photobucket

Day 8 BONUS
Photobucket
Went through the linen closet and a filing cabinet today.

I wish I could tell you that my house feels emptier. It doesn't. I still feel like there is too much stuff. I'll probably always feel that way. But at least I have several empty shelves in cupboards and closets now. It's just too bad we have 5 birthdays coming up in the next 2 months. I loathe birthday presents.

No comments: